Annual Accounts Preparation
Preparing the annual accounts for Limited Companies, Partnerships, Sole Traders, Charities are core areas of our practice. However, these are also statutory requirements by Company House and HM Revenue and Customs.
It is very important that the accounts are prepared and submitted accurately as well as timely manner to ensure that all the statutory requirements are met and penalties are avoided.
At Maxwell, we ensure that our clients are fully satisfied with our services that give them lowest amount of tax liability and at the same time, meeting all the statutory and regulatory requirements.
It is mandatory requirements to register every business for VAT purposes of which turnover either expected or exceeded £77,000 per annum.
At Maxwell, we assist and advice our clients whether to register for VAT and ensure that the chosen options of the VAT scheme serves the highest benefits for our clients.
We consider numerous circumstances of the business while preparing any VAT or dealing with any VAT investigation. Our team of qualified members ensure that all our effort drives the highest benefits for our clients.
Employees are always helping hands and essential parts for any business to grow further. We ensure our clients that every requirement are in place and feel confidence in the business. We run payrolls on time and can provide a tailor made service for your business including…
- Employee payslips
- Monthly summaries
- Departmental reports
- Dealing with leavers and starters
- Provision of analysis of staff costs
- Real Time Information (RTI) PAYE returns for the Revenue
- Assistance with automated payment set-up to your employees
- CIS monthly returns
- Statutory sick pay, Maternity pay, Student loan etc
- Employee summary P60’s
- P11D and P9D benefit and expenses returns
- Related tax planning advice
Beyond the payroll compliance service, we offer comprehensive advice on all employment tax issues including:
- Tax efficient remuneration strategies
- Planning for retirement
- Termination payments
- Inducement payments
- Company car and van strategies
- Benefits planning
CIS and IR35 Accountants:
Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) has an extensive impact on contractors and subcontractors. There are significant penalties for failure to operate the CIS correctly which can result in serious consequences for businesses. In addition the current requirement to consider the question of employment status when engaging any subcontractors adds yet another layer of complexity. We have dedicated CIS specialists with practical experience of working with contractors of all sizes in relation to the CIS, offering reviews of compliance, training and consideration of the status of any labour-only subcontractors and the terms and conditions under which they are engaged.
Our services include:
- Registration to CIS as a Subcontractor
- Registration to CIS as a Contractor
- Application for Gross payment status
- Verifying Subcontractors
- Advising on employment status
- Preparation and submission of Monthly CIS Returns
- Issuing Payment and Deduction statements to relevant subcontractors
- Submitting Employers Annual Return Form P35
- Chasing refunds due from HMRC or arranging for them to be offset against Corporation Tax liabilities
- Preparing Tax Returns
- If you would like any advise on the above or would like us to operate your CIS on your behalf leaving you free to deal with the day to day operation of your business then please give us a call.
Self Assessment Tax Returns:
Personal tax services are available both for business owners and private individuals including…
- All aspects of Self Assessment
- Dealing with Tax Returns
- Tax enquiries
- Computation of liabilities
- Tax disputes
- Correspondence with HMRC
- Inheritance tax planning
- Tax Investigation Fees Protection
Company Formation and Secretarial Services:
Forming a Limited company is the first step to move forward. We not only assist to register the company, we also advice on pros and cons of registering Limited Company for our clients.
Our Company formation packages can include:
- Appointment of directors
- Appointment of company secretary
- Issue of subscriber shares
- Registered office services
- Completion of all necessary minutes and resolutions
- Assistance in opening a bank account
- Tax review with regard to company formation – forming the company yourself and getting this wrong can be very costly
- VAT registration
- Company registration for Corporation Tax
- Set up of Company PAYE scheme
- Book-keeping set-up advice
- Business plans
- Assistance with raising finance